Complex Ship Connections

No comments


Creating more complex ship connections, I now have the infrastructure necessary to allow multiple parts to connect to a single connection area.  This is the reason I decided to go back and redo the connection areas in the first place.  I wasn't thrilled with limiting the player to a single connection per area.  

There are additional bonuses to doing things this way as well.  I will be able to introduce a more interesting build mechanic that involves placing parts on the nodes and getting bonuses based on how they are placed.  I will go into detail on this in future posts and as progress in this area continues.

I've also added "Travel Mode" for ship parts so that when traveling the circuit areas will be hidden.  I believe this makes the ships have a more finished appearance.  

What do you think?

Follow the progress on Twitter and Facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment