Forge On - Ship Construction (The Next Steps)

No comments

Random ship generation this week, so that I will have something to work with when programming the AI. Movement code should now be at the point where it just needs a bit of polish. I'm very happy about this, you have no idea!

 I have decided on what to do regarding the engine generation. The engines will be components just like weapons or shields. The player will pick up engine cores rather than the whole engine. These cores when placed together will generated a more complex engine structure similar to what I have in the video here. I would like to have some mobility in the engines as well so I may end up making a component that will direct thrust, not sure on this yet but it would be a nice addition.

 So much to do, so much to do. Anyway random enemy ship generation is going well. Check out some of these new procedural creations.


Follow the progress on Twitter and Facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment