Forge On - ShipConstruction 017 (Rotations / Mirroring)

No comments

Hrm, well I started out this week thinking I would try to get the enemy ships loading in smoothly but turns out they are a little too computationally expensive to do that. So down the rabbit hole I went; I managed to build a threaded system that will generate (and store!) the ship parts dynamically. What does this mean? no more hitches on the main thread for one. But as a big fat bonus shared meshes!

All that being said, there's not much I can actually show regarding that, but I did manage to come up with a few improvements to the build system I think you may enjoy. I've added rotations and mirroring which I believe vastly improves the overall build system. I suspect mirroring will be on by default, perhaps non-toggle-able. Any thoughts?



Follow the progress on Twitter and Facebook

No comments :

Post a Comment